Get a Free Quote
Autoplasty is an aesthetic operation that improves the appearance of prominent ears. Other congenital ear anomalies can also be corrected with ear operations. After the surgery, you will have a perfect ear suitable for your face shape. Cartilage protrusions around the ear can be corrected with this aesthetic operation if the ear is curved inward. Since the aesthetic sutures are placed after the surgery, there is no scar in the ear.
How is Autoplasty Performed?
- General anesthesia is applied to the patient before autoplasty.
- The seams in the area where the ear fold will be formed are marked.
- The cartilage is rasped and bent into shape.
- The ear is shaped with the previously planned suture areas.
- The ear surgery is completed by suturing the skin behind the ear.
- After the surgery, a dressing is applied behind the hair band.
Notes From Your Doctor
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no scars left after autoplasty surgery.
Autoplasty operation does not include any risks. It is a very easy surgery.
Since prominent ear surgery is an aesthetic operation, it can be performed by plastic surgeons. Ear, nose and throat doctors can also perform this surgery.
Edema after autoplasty passes away within 7-10 days.
With the effect of anesthesia, there is no pain for the first 12 hours. There will be no serious pain in the next period either. You can use painkillers at the dose recommended by your doctor.
It is predicted that those who have sleeve gastrectomy will lose 60% of their excess weight within 1 year after surgery. The weight gain rate after sleeve gastrectomy is around 15%. For this reason, not only specialist surgeons but also dieticians and psychologists should take part in preventing those who have sleeve gastrectomy from gaining weight again.